Saturday, May 18, 2013

May 17: On Our Way


Today I woke up early in order to visit the beach in Viña del Mar one final time.  Hannah, Hannah, and I went to visit the shops and I found a woolen sweatshirt and gloves with llama designs on them.  Afterwards, we returned to our favorite empanadaria in order to have one last empanada before leaving.    We then returned to the hotel to finish packing.

As we awaited the bus, we shared an emotional goodbye with some of the Chilean students.  They promised us that we’d meet again, and I hope we do.  Their hospitality and amiability were second to none throughout the trip and they tried their very hardest to ensure that we’d have the most amazing and varied experience possible.  Without them, our trip could not have been as fulfilling, meaningful, or fun as it was.  So if you are reading this, I want to thank all of you – Sebastian, Paula, Javier, Javier, Valeria, Daniela, Consuela, Rocia, Rodolpho, and Tomas.  Also, thank you Diego and Andres; even though you weren’t part of the program, without you my experience would not have been the same.

I am currently on the airplane towards Dallas, and I am extremely tired.  Goodnight Chile, I will miss you sorely.  Here is a final picture of me in my llama outfit:


1 comment: